We all know how powerful online data can be – especially social media data.
The question is – how easy is it for you to access? Do you need to spend a fortune? Do you need a team of data wizards?
Recently, I gave a talk to a retail company, and was quite suprised how little they seemed to know about / make use of the vast amount of data at their fingertips.
Simple questions such as:
- How well are is your brand known?
- Which regions like you? Which do not?
- Which products are people talking about?
- How are your competitors doing?
- What innovations are trending in your niche?
- Do you even have a decent online presence?
The possibilities are pretty much endless.
Upon discussing this, the overwhelming opinion was ‘we know there is a goldmine out there, but we need expertise to do it’.
And that got me thinking – do you?
So I spent a weekend building an application that analyses sentiment using live Twitter data.
It turns out, with a little time investment, anyone can build something.
The API is very well documented, it’s free, and it’s fast.
Here’s a video of what was done. Don’t ever think you can’t!